The goal of the Technology-Enhanced Classroom Initiative is to establish a technology baseline for all centrally-managed general purpose classrooms, by:
- Responding to instructor needs to fulfill the education mission of the University.
- Connecting all of FSU's general purpose classrooms to the campus network.
- Equipping every general purpose classroom with an appropriate level of multimedia capability (e.g., a computer, LCD projector, DVD player).
- Developing an adequate support infrastructure that grows along with the number of enhanced classrooms.
- Developing classroom support partnerships with colleges and departments.
- Developing experimental classrooms to "field test" new technology.